Training and Courses
RunTogether and England Athletics offer a number of courses to help Runners and Run Leaders develop their running and running group leadership skills.
All our running programmes are certified by UK Athletics, the National Governing Body for Athletics and Running in the United Kingdom.
- LiRF (Leadership in Running Fitness)
- Run Leader Development Days
- LiRF to CiRF (Leader to Coach in Running Fitness)
- CiRF (Coach in Running Fitness)
- Sight Loss Awareness
- Movement Skills / Physical Preparation development workshops
- Equality and Diversity in Sport
- Disability Inclusion Training
- Mental wellbeing in sport and physical activity
- Mental Health First Aid
RunTogether offers bespoke running training for RunTogether Runners and Run Leaders. Dates for training sessions are always promoted through our RunTogether e-newsletter, social media and website when available.
Running training sessions take place via a variety of formats and occasions:
- Group visits
- Events such as the National Running Show
Training topics covered:
- How to use the RunTogether digital platforms e.g. Run Leader and Runner apps, how to set up your groups, sessions and group web page online
- Marketing support
- Social media support
- Specialist running expert sessions e.g. nutrition, mental health
Watch again (where available) and to download extra resource for the webinars listed below (Run Leader login needed).
- Inclusivity and Diversity
- RunTogether 'All Things Digital'
- Digital refresher webinar for new and returning Run Leaders
- Social Media hints and tips
- How to engage beginners
- Winter motivations
- Forestry England’s Active Forests