Mental wellbeing in sport and physical activity
Aimed at those who participate in sport and their support networks.
A fully interactive online course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire. This course was written by EduCare in partnership with UK Athletics and England Athletics. Additional resources include printable handouts
and downloadable modules for future reference.
The course is aimed at those who participate in sport and their support networks such as leaders, coaches, club volunteers, family and medical support staff.
- Gain a greater awareness of common mental health disorders and their prevalence
- Recognise some of the warning signs of common mental health disorders
- Have an increased understanding of how the pressures of sport can impact on mental health
- Understand the health benefits of participating in sport and physical activity
- Know what to do if you are concerned about someone
- Know how to promote mental wellbeing in sport.
The module is an interactive self-paced course that users complete online. It costs £9.50.