Disability Inclusion Training
The disability inclusion training course is a self-paced eLearning course. This is suitable for anyone wishing to better attract and support disabled people in athletics and running groups.
The British Athletics Disability Inclusion Training: Athletics and Running course was created in partnership with home country athletic federations, home country disability sports organisations, and Mind.
Disability inclusion training aims to develop awareness for running coaches or athletic volunteers. It is suitable for anyone wishing to support and deliver inclusive sports for disabled people. This applies not only to running groups but also to other physical activities. It provides knowledge and understanding for people to overcome the barriers there can be for participation. This ensures that everybody can take part in athletics, running sessions, and activities no matter their ability.
The disability inclusion training course will cover a variety of topics. Some of these include:
- Recognising the influence people's perceptions have on experiences.
- Techniques for incorporating inclusivity for disabled people in sport.
- How to identify potential challenges to participation and provide solutions to these.
- Examples of where disability inclusion has been applied and practised in clubs already.
- Additional information and guidance for athletic and running leaders.
The module is an interactive self-paced course that users complete online. It takes approximately 2 hours to complete and costs £20.