Run Leader Development Days
Run Leader Practical Conferences
These practical sessions, led by Chris Hollinshead will build on the content covered in the virtual sessions held over the winter, but you won’t need to have attended those to benefit from the practical sessions. The practical sessions will cover the following:
- Strength and conditioning: Ruddy Farquharson will deliver a practical session exploring a home training programme to help keep runners fit & healthy.
- Practical activity: 30-minute Energizer session. What can be achieved if confined for time? The benefits of using a confined area.
- Theory: Working with mixed ability groups. Adapting sessions using the FIT principles.
- Theory & practical: Working with visually impaired runners.
- Q&A session.
Birmingham (Sunday 16 October) • Bristol (Sunday 13 November) • Bolton (Saturday 26 November)
Cost: £20 per person.
Virtual Run Leader Webinars
As part of our 22/23 run leader offer, we will again be offering virtual content and we have planned four virtual series. Each series will involve 2 webinars, and these are being delivered between October 2022 – March 2023. Each series covers different content, and the series are targeted at different audiences.
- Session one: Feed the body, feed the brain (Monday 17 October and Monday 24 October 2022)
- Session two: Increasing confidence for newly qualified run leaders (Monday 23 January and Monday 30 January 2023)
- Session three: Training plans – 5km to marathon (Monday 20 February and Monday 27 February 2023)
- Session four: Running technology (Monday 20 March and Monday 27 March 2023)
The cost for each 2-part series is £15.