Group leader workshops available at National Coaching Conferences
19 July 2013
Local workshops set up to give group leaders a helping hand in running their groups recently have been very popular – and now there is the chance for group leaders to learn more by being a part of the 2013 National Coaching Conferences.
England Athletics have announced that bookings are now open for the events which will take place as follows:
- Saturday 28th September – Leeds Metropolitan University
- Saturday 28th September – Lee Valley Athletics Centre
- Sunday 29th September – Birmingham High Performance Centre
These will include workshops designed to help Run England group leaders and those with a Leadership in Running Fitness (LiRF) qualification.
Workshops will use both theory and practical based sessions to help leaders take the first steps from leading, to coaching their runners as well as gain new ideas for their group sessions and develop an understanding of conditioning runners through using AthleFIT.
Leaders will also be able to find out what is involved in the Coaching in Running Fitness (CiRF) course, with information on pre-course preparation and the support that is available from local mentors and England Athletics staff.
The full programme of workshops and keynote speeches can be viewed at www.englandathletics.org/coaching-conferences. Each conference will cost £40 and an early booking discount will apply for coaches booking to attend before August 16th.
You can click through to see more details of what is available at each conference below:
- North Coaching Conference – www.englandathletics.org/north-coach-conference. Online booking is available at www.englandathletics.org/north-coach-booking.
- Midlands and South West Coaching Conference – www.englandathletics.org/mids-coach-conference. Online booking is available at www.englandathletics.org/midsw-coach-booking.
- South Coaching Conference – www.englandathletics.org/south-coach-conference. Online booking is available at www.englandathletics.org/south-coach-booking.
Go to www.englandathletics.org/coaching-conferences to find out more about each conference and details on how to book.
We hope to see you there!
More news from RunTogether
Last chance to improve your PB for 2014 at Ikano Robin Ho...
01 September 2014Read more
Thanks for your support in 2011!
31 December 2011Read more
Ikano Robin Hood Half Marathon - Last chance to enter!
30 August 2013Read more
Successful pilot workshop in North Yorkshire
01 December 2015Read more