England Athletics and UKA move to new offices
01 December 2011
Run England - which is the official England Athletics recreational running project - is now based from the Alexander Stadium, Birmingham, as part of England Athletics and UKA's office move at the end of November.
A number of factors has led to the decisions of each organisation to relocate but an important factor for England Athletics is that UKA have been able to offer England Athletics ‘rent free’ office space for an initial 10 year period. This equates to a minimum rental saving of over £600,000 for this period. The financial savings will improve England Athletics capacity for investing in the development of the sport in England.
There will also be practical benefits from England Athletics and UKA being based in the same building. Both organisations work closely together on numerous projects including coach education and training, competition, member services and schools’ athletics. It is envisaged the arrangement will help make these and other areas of partnership working operate more smoothly as each organisation looks to the important year of 2012 and then to fulfilling their respective roles in the following strategic cycle of 2013-2017.
Executive Chair of England Athletics John Graves said, “This is an opportunity to secure a cost saving for the sport and make our partnership working with UKA easier to coordinate. We are pleased that this move will free up funds that can be used to help us support the work of clubs and volunteers in England. We hope that by our work with UKA being able to run more smoothly the services we offer to the sport will also improve. And there are other partners we have in the sport who work closely with both England Athletics and UKA who may find that their efforts are made easier by both organisations being in the same place too.”
Please note from 28 November 2011:
- Email addresses for both England Athletics and UKA, including Run England, will remain unchanged
- The telephone number for Run England (England Athletics) will become 0121 347 6543. Callers dialling the previous number will be given the new number
- The postal address for Run England (England Athletics) will become England Athletics, Athletics House, Alexander Stadium, Walsall Road, Perry Barr, Birmingham, B42 2BE
- The postal address for UKA will become UKA, Athletics House, Alexander Stadium, Walsall Road, Perry Barr, Birmingham, B42 2BE
- Mail forwarding from both Run England's (England Athletics’) and UKA’s previous addresses will be in place following the move
- For more information about the work of Run England, please see www.runengland.org
- For more information about the work of England Athletics, please see www.englandathletics.org
- For more information about the work of UKA, please see www.uka.org.uk
More news from RunTogether
npower Swindon employees put their energy into running
29 April 2016Read more
PB for Princes Park as it plays host to NW NHS Games 5K
09 July 2014Read more
InStep Devon supporting running group leaders
27 October 2013Read more
Improvements to online resources for group leaders
04 November 2013Read more