Have your say on the future of recreational running up to 2017
24 November 2011
Whether you are a runner, a group leader, a helper at your club or a volunteer, we want to hear your views on running.
England Athletics has extended the deadlines on the surveys that will help us as we plan how we should work from 2013 until 2017, when the IAAF World Athletics Championships will be held in London.
London was selected ahead of Doha to host the World Championships which will see the world’s greatest athletes coming to England for a major global championship in the same stadium as the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, just five years later.
However you are involved in running, don’t miss this chance to have your say on the sport in these exciting years. The recreational running survey is available here and a full list of all the surveys is at the foot of this page.
Please complete as many as are relevant to you! The surveys will close on 1 December 2011.
Your input and comments are very much valued as we strive to provide the best opportunities for our sport.
England Athletics would like to gauge a wide range of views from its constituency and stakeholders to help us refine our approach, improve our services to the sport and identify new opportunities as we work to bring new participants into athletics, improve the experience of everyone involved in it and to raise standards of performance as a whole.
Executive chair of England Athletics John Graves said: “The information and views people give will help us to monitor the success of our current work as well as giving us information on how we should evolve this work in the future.
"We want to hear people’s honest views and from people from every part of the athletics community.”
The surveys available are as follows:
- For those involved in recreational running (including Run England members and group leaders): www.englandathletics.org/Recreational-running-2011
- For athletes (and parents of athletes aged Under 16): www.englandathletics.org/Athlete-Survey-2011
- For coaches (including Leaders and Coaching Assistants): www.englandathletics.org/Coach-Survey-2011
- For club volunteers: www.englandathletics.org/Volunteer-Survey-2011
- For Officials: www.englandathletics.org/Officials-Survey-2011
Many thanks for giving your time to complete one or more of our surveys!