The best running shoes for overpronation 2023
As a runner, you’ll already know the importance of selecting the right shoe for your running gait, whether you’re a neutral runner, an overpronator or you underpronate.
Over 70% of runners over-pronate to some degree, with the foot rolling inwards excessively through the foot strike, placing strain on the lower leg, knees, hips and lower back. That means most of us will find ourselves looking for a good support shoe to help slow down that excessive inwards movement.
A gait analysis will provide key information about the way you run, and help you to choose the right type of shoe for their running gait, both optimising performance and reducing the risk of injury
A great support shoe helps guide the foot into a more biomechanically efficient position, helping to reduce the risk of injury and optimising the foot strike for better performance.
With help from SportsShoes.com here are some of our best recommendations for overpronators
*Please note: the following shoes are not listed in rank order*
MIZUNO WAVE INSPIRE 19
- The Mizuno Wave Inspire 19 is designed for runners with overpronation, capitalizing on stability, comfort, and propulsion.
- This highly cushioned road running shoe is suitable for everyday training and features several upgrades, including a completely new wave plate for unrivalled support and to decrease the overpronation of the foot.
Price: RRP £139.99
ASICS GT2000 11
- The ASICS GT-2000 11 shoe keeps your mind and body focused on the road ahead.
- It's a versatile running shoe that's functional for various distances. The underfoot cushioning has been updated from their predecessors for a more comfortable and energetic ride.
- The GT-2000 11's have a FlyteFoam BLAST technology through the midsole, which enhances underfoot cushioning for comfort and soft landing.
- This not only supplies your feet with plush cushioning but, will also provide you with lightweight and responsive strides.
Price: RRP £144.99
BROOKS ADRENALINE GTS 22
- Brooks' most loved support shoe has had an update with the Adrenaline GTS 22 for Brooks smoothest ride ever.
- Made with more strategic use of 3D Fit Print technology the shoe provides a structure that moves with the foot.
- The Adrenaline GTS 22 includes a GuideRails Holistic Support System that provides structure and support for your every stride.
Price: RRP £130.00
NEW BALANCE 860V13
- The latest entry in the series, the New Balance Fresh Foam X 860v13, augments the pinnacle cushioning experience of Fresh Foam X with a supportive medial post to provide essential stability.
- Built for reliability over the long haul and sustained comfort over all distances, the 860 is a true go-to shoe.
- The New Balance 860v13 includes Fresh Foam and a FuelCell Midsole which offers flexible cushioning that reduces the pressure placed on the foot and springy rebounds for an energetic feel.
Price: RRP £139.99
HOKA GAVIOTA 4
- A premium stability shoe, the HOKA Gaviota 4 returns this season, as plush as ever.
- Delivering the same maximal cushioning and J-Frame enhanced support, it's been reworked with a plusher collar and tongue to offer unexpected improvements in comfort.
- The HOKA Gaviota 4 includes a CMEVA Midsole that's cushioned, comfortable and provides exceptional support.
Price: RRP £144.99
SAUCONY GUIDE 15
- Every bit of the Saucony Guide 15 was designed with three things in mind: total comfort, a light feel, and an unbelievably smooth ride.
- It's softer, it's springier, and it's made to hug your foot like nothing else you've put on before. Delivering the running experience of your dreams, only it's very, very real.
- The Saucony Guide 15 includes FormFit Technology which is their dynamic fit system that adapts to your individual gait.
Price: RRP £129.99