Run Halton 3-2-1 (Route 3)
Pickerings Pasture, Mersey View Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 8LPDIRECTIONS TO THE START POINT
Running distance: 3 km
About this run route
Start / Finish
Pickerings Pasture Local Nature Reserve
Day light hours is recomended for this site as not all parts are lit, the building is staffed seasonally where toilets and maps are available. The route is also marked with posts and route markers. The route is not wheelchair accessible.
Pickerings Pasture is one of three sites that Halton Borough Council has developed to help introduce people to running/jogging.This route measures 3km and offers some steep gradients and intermediate ground changes, which will make the route more challenging and should take around 20 minutes (9kph pace)to run. Remember, you can jog and walk until you are fit enough to jog the whole route.
- Starting at the start marker post next to the car park, run along the grassed path towards the River Mersey.
- Turn left at the T junction and run along the waterfront towards the white bridge.
- Just before the white bridge take a sharp left turn up onto a grassed pathway behind the trees, this goes back in the direction you have just walked. Alternatively turn around and retrace your steps back to the T junction.
- At the end of the grassed pathway turn left, and run back to the T junction. Where you will turn right keeping the River Mersey on your left hand side.
- Take the 2nd pathway to your right (information board on left) and continue running staright ahead.
- Keep running straight ahead following the path until you arrive at the wooden stile. Turn right to arrive back at the car park.
The layout and usage of the marked 3-2-1 running routes is the responsibility of the local authority or further education establishment that purchases the route marking signs and usual health and safety and duty of care considerations should be followed in laying out open, even-surfaced, easy-to-follow, safe, accurate, well lit routes at all times - with the landowner’s permission. RunTogether will not provide materials with which to attach the markers.