Darcys Pool, Lyme
Lyme , Disley, Cheshire, SK12 2NRDIRECTIONS TO THE START POINT
Running distance: 1.4 m
About this run route
Start / Finish
- STARTING from the information board, turn left along the footpath by the mill pond and cross the bridge.
- Turn left following the footpath around the back of the mill pond.
- At the end of the path turn right on to the tarmac road.
- Follow the road over the cattle grid to the right and up the hill.
- Near the top of the hill turn left on the grassy path next to a large tree.Follow this path, keeping to the left of a small copse of trees, until you reach a wooden gate leading into a wooded area.
- Take the main stony path through the wood keeping the wall immediately on your left.
- After approximately 300 metres go left through the wooden gate in the wall.
- A few metres in front of you will be Darcy’s pond (from Pride and Prejudice, BBC TV version).
- Take the small path across the meadow keeping the pond on your right, head towards the copse of trees in the middle of the meadow.
- Just before the copse you will meet a grassy path. Turn left and follow this to a wooden gate which leads back into the main car park.
- Head along the road round the edge of the car park and turn left to the FINISH point which is where you started.
The layout and usage of the marked 3-2-1 running routes is the responsibility of the local authority or further education establishment that purchases the route marking signs and usual health and safety and duty of care considerations should be followed in laying out open, even-surfaced, easy-to-follow, safe, accurate, well lit routes at all times - with the landowner’s permission. RunTogether will not provide materials with which to attach the markers.