Burton Washlands 3 Mile Route
The Washland (Near Burton Library), Riverside, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1AHDIRECTIONS TO THE START POINT
Running distance: 3 m
About this run route
Start / Finish
Display Board near Burton Library
The route is suitable for beginners and improvers alike. The Washlands is an ideal place to Run. The 3-2-1 route is all off road and mostly on flat paths, which are accessible by pushchairs and wheelchairs. The Washlands can sometimes flood making paths inaccessible. All three routes start and finish at the start/finish point.
To complete the 1 mile route follow the markers all the way round in a loop until you find yourself back at the start/finish point.
- Consult with your doctor, before starting any exercise programme
- Avoid running in bad weather paths maybe flooded
- When running be aware/alert to things around you.
- Tell someone were you are going and when you will be back.
- Be mindful and respectful of other users using the path.
- Be mindful of potholes and uneven paths.
- Be aware when running close to the water.
- Take some form of ID in case you have an accident.
The layout and usage of the marked 3-2-1 running routes is the responsibility of the local authority or further education establishment that purchases the route marking signs and usual health and safety and duty of care considerations should be followed in laying out open, even-surfaced, easy-to-follow, safe, accurate, well lit routes at all times - with the landowner’s permission. RunTogether will not provide materials with which to attach the markers.