RunTogether is a national campaign from England Athletics created to inspire and help everyone whatever their age or ability to run more often with other people. Your information will be used in accordance with this privacy notice. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is England Athletics Limited.
“Group” means any group of RunTogether Registered Users organised by a leader of RunTogether.
"Registered Users" means the users of RunTogether.co.uk (and participants in Group runs) collectively and/or individually as the context admits.
"RunTogether.co.uk" means our website located at www.runtogether.co.uk and its related channels.
"Website" means a website accessible on the internet.
"we/us" means England Athletics and "our" shall be interpreted accordingly.
"you" means you, as a Registered User of RunTogether.co.uk and as a participant in Group runs and "Your" shall be interpreted accordingly.
This privacy notice applies to the use of personal information by England Athletics Limited through RunTogether.co.uk. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. By visiting RunTogether.co.uk (or by becoming a Registered User) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this privacy notice.
RunTogether has been developed by, and is a part of England Athletics Limited (England Athletics). England Athletics will share your personal data with UK Athletics Limited, Scottish Athletics Limited, Welsh Athletics Limited and Athletics Northern Ireland (together the Athletics Governing Bodies), with any individual run leader of any groups that you attend together with their admin users for such group(s) (if any)and any partners that work with England Athletics to facilitate any groups that you attend for the purposes of:
- administering your involvement in athletics and running through England Athletics and / or another Athletics Governing Body;
- sending you information by post, email or SMS in relation to your involvement in athletics and running through England Athletics and / or another Athletics Governing Body;
- carrying out market research into involvement in athletics and running nationally
- administering your involvement in RunTogether groups that you attend
- sending you information by post, email, social media or SMS in relation to athletics and running within your local area
- Improving your RunTogether social media experience through better personalised content, marketing messages and social data analysis.
What information does England Athletics collect about you?
- Information you’ve provided to us to register with RunTogether.co.uk.
- Your IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device to communicate with websites).
- Information provided by other companies who've obtained your permission to share information about you.
Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see our cookies notice.
How we may we use your information
In addition to using your information to facilitate RunTogether we may also use your information for the following purposes:
- to monitor and improve our websites services;
- for market research; and
- to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes.
and unless you've asked us not to:
- to send you updates and information about England Athletics and RunTogether; and
- to send you direct marketing about our products and services.
You can change your preferences at any time by signing in and visiting your ‘My RunTogether’ profile.
Social media sign-in
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our subcontractors. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to RunTogether.co.uk; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RunTogether.co.uk may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Websites, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.