RunTogether Privacy notice
RunTogether is a national campaign from England Athletics created to inspire and help everyone whatever their age or ability to run more often with other people. Your information will be used in accordance with this privacy notice. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is England Athletics Limited (EA).
This privacy notice applies to the use of personal information by EA Limited through RunTogether.co.uk. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. By visiting RunTogether.co.uk (or by becoming a Registered User) you are accepting the practices described in this privacy notice.
“Group” means any group of RunTogether Registered Users organised by a leader of RunTogether.
"Registered Users" means the users of RunTogether.co.uk (and participants in Group runs) collectively and/or individually as the context admits.
"RunTogether.co.uk" means our website located at www.runtogether.co.uk and its related channels.
"Website" means a website accessible on the internet.
"we/us" means England Athletics and "our" shall be interpreted accordingly.
"you" means you, as a Registered User of RunTogether.co.uk and as a participant in Group runs and "Your" shall be interpreted accordingly.
What data we will collect
In becoming a registered user of RunTogether we will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, telephone number (Athletics Data). Where you are registered and book on a run, we will also collect the full name and telephone numbers for an emergency contact nominated by you and details of any health information that would be useful for a Run Leader to ensure all group runs are operated safely. You may also choose to provide us with other information on your online user profile (MyRunTogether).
We may also collect your IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device to communicate with websites). This information we collect using cookies stored on your device. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see our cookies notice. You will be asked to consent to the use of this data separately when you visit the website for the first time.
Why we will collect it
We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a user of RunTogether or RunTogether Leader and administering your involvement in the services provided by RunTogether. We will process it on the basis that we have a contractual obligation to you as registered user of RunTogether to provide the service you are registering for.
The interests of registering you as a member and to administer your involvement in RunTogether. If we do not collect this information you would not have access to the services provided by RunTogether groups.
Our processing activities include:
· Contacting you about a group run you have booked. This may include booking information, change of details, reminders, cancellations or post run feedback;
· Validating access to Run Leader and Runner applications that we offer;
· Ensuring that the Run Leader has all necessary information so that runs can be delivered safely and to ensure all runners are catered for.
Research and analysis
· Maintaining statistics and conducting analysis on the make-up of athletics and running participants. This allows us to improve the services we provide updates to you regarding your activity on RunTogether.
· Asking for your feedback about a service, this will always be optional and anonymised.
· Providing access to all the relevant services that you have access to as a registered user of RunTogether through a single sign on service.
Providing newsletters and promotions (when consent is provided)
· When you register with RunTogether we will ask you if you are interested in receiving information about our services or information on promotions or products sent by us on the behalf of our preferred partners.
· When you are registered with us we will create an online user profile (MyRunTogether) which includes a section for your subscription preferences. We will only use your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering and administering your involvement in the sport unless you have opted in to any subscriptions for which we will gain additional consent from you.
Sensitive personal information (when consent is provided)
· We may handle medical or disability information you provide to us, to ensure we support you appropriately;
· On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are a registered user of RunTogether:
· If a runner is added on the day of a run or by the Group Leader and an invitation is not accepted within 2 months, the data will be deleted from the system.
· A user has not logged in within the 12 months after joining RunTogether and has never booked: Your account will be anonymised and contact data deleted;
· A user makes a booking or attends a group run within the 1st 12 months after joining RunTogether: If a user is inactive for 4 years after the initial booking/attendance their account will be anonymised and contact data deleted.
· Any data that is exported from the system by the Group Leader e.g. registers, will be deleted/ destroyed immediately after it has been used for the purpose it was exported.
Sharing your data
EA will share your Athletics Data (as defined above) with UK Athletics Limited, Scottish Athletics Limited, Welsh Athletics Limited and Athletics Northern Ireland (together the Athletics Governing Bodies), with any individual run leader of any groups that you attend, for the purposes of administering your participation with RunTogether (as described above). We will not share your data with any other third party or for any other purposes.
Social media sign-in
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our subcontractors. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to RunTogether.co.uk; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
RunTogether.co.uk may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Websites, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Websites.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
1. to access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
2. to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
3. to prevent processing for direct marketing;
4. to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
5. in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
6. to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
7. to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. to request a copy of your personal data for you to reuse for your own purposes across different services.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Other applicable terms and conditions
If you register as a Registered User then you will also be subject to our registered user terms and conditions.
Contact & Complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how England Athletics collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by England Athletics, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk).