RunTogether shares user survey results to celebrate its 6th birthday
09 January 2023
We all like a gift on our birthdays and this year RunTogether received a gift in the form of very complementary feedback from its recent run leader and runner survey.
Over 700 runners and run leaders took part in the online survey in November and December. This was phase one of this major new research project designed to check in with their reasons for choosing to run with RunTogether, as well as their experiences of our social running programme.
Phase two will be a qualitative piece to explore responses to open questions further and to enable RunTogether HQ, and members of several groups, to come together and discuss the strengths of and opportunities for RunTogether. And like every good birthday – we will share some cake with the attendees.
As the survey was very detailed, we are sharing only the headlines, but everyone is welcome to reach out to us at any time with thoughts on their experiences of RunTogether or ideas for the future.
- 73% run with RunTogether at least once a week
- 75% joined RunTogether for health reasons, but 59% for friendship reasons
- 65% say their experience with RunTogether has exceeded their initial expectations
- And 92% rate the RunTogether experience as very good/good
- 59% have been with RunTogether for over a year. We didn’t ask how long but if you have been with us for 6 years – happy 6th birthday to you!
In terms of RunTogether participation stats, whilst you can always find this information on our website, we thought you might like to see them included here as we celebrate this special day:
- Registered Users: 189,997
- Leaders: 8,908
- Groups: 3,209
- Total Bookings: 2,613,720
On behalf of RunTogether and England Athletics, thank you to those who took part in the online survey and one again, many happy returns – and runs to come!