Want to see your RunTogether group on a billboard?
Pledge your #SeptemberGoals Today!
September is the perfect time to set yourself a running goal, whether that's your RunTogether group collectively covering the marathon distance or smashing your own PB. We want to hear all your goals and to help keep you motivated we've got some great incentives...
- 1,500 RunTogether medals
- 15 runners / groups will feature on billboards
- 10 one month passes for a DW Fitness First gyms
- 10 pairs of Asics Gel Contend trainers
All you have to do is:
- Pledge! Simply download and print a pledge sheet here then share a photograph of yourself with your personal September running goal with RunTogether on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #SeptemberGoals.
- Run! Lace up and smash your #SeptemberGoals. We'd love to hear how you're getting on so please tag @RunTogetherSocial on Facebook and @RunTogether_ on Twitter and Instagram using #SeptemberGoals.
- (Claim your) Rewards! Share a photo of yourself/your group after a run with your pledge sheet on one of the RunTogether social channels, alongside #SeptemberGoals and #SmashedIt We will then be in touch to ask for your address to send you your RunTogether medal.
Don't delay, pledge TODAY and start working towards your #SeptemberGoals!
It's Nearly Time to #RunAndTalk - Set Up Your Runs!
As part of our commitment to support mental wellbeing through running, during the week of 6th - 12th October, we will once again be working with Mind, the mental health charity, to encourage new and existing RunTogether runners to #RunAndTalk. We want to both improve the mental well-being of individuals through running and to break down the stigma associated with mental health by getting people talking about it.
Through a digital campaign we’ll be encouraging people to run one mile or further during #RunAndTalk week either by joining one of the organised runs at a RunTogether group, or with friends, family or colleagues at a time and location of their choice.
We'd love as many RunTogether groups as possible to get involved by hosting a #RunAndTalk organised run. This can be one of your regular sessions that you invite us to promote within the campaign or a special one off session. All #RunAndTalk organised runs will be listed on the RunTogether website, you simply need to list them on your group page (as usual) then add the tag #RunAndTalk. Full instructions on how to add a tag can be found by clicking the link below. Thank you, in advance, for helping us to help more people to run AND talk!
DW Fitness First: Exclusive 4 month gym membership
As the official retail and fitness partner of RunTogether, DW Fitness First have created a four month ‘WE ARE RUNNERS’ membership package exclusively for you.
Membership includes everything you need to support your training and make fitness a part of your life. With full access to the latest fitness equipment, a wide range of group classes & workouts, and dedicated support from their certified experts.
There are a number of membership tiers, click here to find your local club.
Save £5 on your race entry!
Iconic locations, friendly atmospheres and raising money for a good cause. What's not to love about Cancer Research UK's Tough Ten events? The mud and challenge just adds to the fun. Why not enter as a group and travel to the start together?
What's more, we've secured a special Run Together discount for you; simply enter the code RUNTOU10 before the end of September for £5 off.
Run Leader App Improvements: Now Live!
We're delighted to let you know that all the improvements we told you about last month on the run leader app are available to use when you update the app via the Apple app store or Google Play. These include:
- Add Runs: simply go to the ‘My Schedule’ page or ‘My Groups’ Group Detail page
- Add Sessions: go to ‘My Schedule’
- Access your group stats: visit the My Groups page to see:
- The number of active runs available in that specific group
- The number of runners who have been checked-in to a run
- The total number of completed sessions across all runs in your group
Making the most out of social media
Looking to grow your RunTogether group or keep in touch with your runners outside of sessions? Social Media is a great communication tool to reach both your existing members and potential new runners to join your group. You can upload photos & videos, generate conversation amongst your group, share sessions, routes & social events and celebrate achievements.
Not set up your social media yet? Not to worry, we've created a social media toolkit especially for run leaders. It features detailed instructions on how to set your group up on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as advice on what to post about, what hashtags to use and how to engage with your runners.
Already a social media whizz? That’s great, we would encourage you to tag us in all your running related posts, using #RunTogether so we can see the amazing milestones your group have reached, we can give a shout out to a new runner to your group or share your fun photos.
If you have any running questions, we welcome these on the RunTogether social media pages so we can share the answers with the rest of the community.
This brilliant group only formed in January 2018 and by June they were up to 34 ladies, all of whom achieved their goal of completing their first 5km event. Fantastic work, ladies, and great work Run Leader - Michaela!
They're a social bunch too, we're particularly keen for an invite to the PubRuns mentioned on their website (hint hint!).
Their social media page is fun and informative too, we even noticed they've been advertising their group in the local residents' newsletter - way to go JogSquad!
We love hearing about your groups and why they deserve to be Group of the Month. Why not nominate yours today? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
And the winners are....drum roll....
Thank you for all your nominations in the 2018 Volunteer Awards, hosted by our founders, England Athletics. The first of the regional award events took place on 26th August, congratulations to the East of England Group of the Year: RunTogether Sawtry Run to Walk and Leader of the Year: Danielle Guy!
The dates of each of the regional awards events are listed below culminating on Saturday 13th October with the National Awards and Hall of Fame event #itcanthappenwithoutu
- North West: Monday 17th September
- Yorkshire & Humberside: Tuesday 18th September
- North East: Wednesday 19th September
- East Midlands: Monday 24th September
- West Midlands: Tuesday 25th September
- South West: Saturday 29th September
- London: Monday 1st October
- South East: Thursday 4th October