Guidance for RunTogether 1-2-1 Sessions
Following the latest guidance set out by the government in relation to social distancing rules and COVID-19, you are now able to meet with one person from outside your household to exercise outdoors while following social distancing guidelines. At all times, you should continue to observe social distancing guidelines when you are outside your home, including ensuring you are 2 metres away from anyone outside your household.
England Athletics would like to encourage runners, coaches and athletes to use the RunTogether platform to organise runs or training sessions that can be held on a one to one basis to enable Run Leaders and coaches to meet with their runners to carry out coaching sessions using the platform in a safe environment.
If you are an existing RunTogether member, you need to......
As an existing RunTogether Runner, you know that your Run Leaders already have the ability to create runs and sessions that you can book on to.
As a Run Leader, you know that you can set up a run through the admin area of RunTogether. Creating a 1-2-1 follows the exact same process.
You will just need to make sure that you limit the capacity of your run to 1 person only, this will ensure that only one runner can book on to each session at any time.
If you are new to RunTogether, you need to.......
If you do not already have a RunTogether group and you would like to start using the functionality to organise your one-to-one sessions, you can do so by taking the following steps:
1. Go to the RunTogether website and register for an account https://groups.RunTogether.co.uk/Account/SignUp/
2. Email the RunTogether Support Team support@RunTogether.co.uk to set up your group, please include the following information in your email:
- Group Leader Name
- Group Leader Email (this should be the one you have used to register on RunTogether)
- Group Leader Qualifications – to become a RunTogether Group Leader you need to have completed one of the following UK Athletics qualifications delivered by England Athletics:
- Leadership in Running Fitness (LiRF)
- Coach in Running Fitness (CiRF)
- Qualified Athletics Coach (UKA Level 2 and above)
And also provide us with the following information:
- Group Leader Date of Birth (DOB) – this will help us to check your qualification status
- Group Name (names can be up to 30 characters, including letters, spaces and punctuation)
3. Our RunTogether Support Team will then be in touch to confirm that your group has been set up and you should receive an invitation to complete your registration as Group Leader on the RunTogether platform.
4. Once you have accepted the invitation you will have access to the RunTogether Admin Area through which you can start to add runs and sessions, allowing the runner who will accompany the Run Leader to book directly through the RunTogether website.
NB. You will each have the responsibility to make sure that there is one Run Leader and One Runner i.e. this is a 1:1 run session.