Upcoming Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running Workshops
15 September 2015
We have three Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running Workshops coming up shortly. The 2-hour workshops are for leaders, coaches and volunteers from Run England groups and England Athletics affiliated clubs wanting to attract and support more visually impaired people.
The workshop includes both theory and practical and will cover:
- Information on types of visual impairment and common sight loss conditions
- Competition, including classification and rules
- Terminology and behaviour
- Making sessions VI friendly
- Guide running, including top tips, safety and practical session
A workshop will take place in Loughborough on 7th October, at Mile End Athletics Track, East London on 28th October and at Park House School in Newbury on 1st November. In addition, after the parkrun in Basingstoke on 10th October, a Visually impaired running taster session will take place. You can find further details in the England Athletics website Events section.