Mental Health Awareness in Sport and Physical Activity
29 November 2016
Mental Health Awareness in Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) is a 3-hour workshop designed to give you the practical tools to help you better support those of us with mental health problems to be more active. This short course is aimed at anyone working within sport and physical activity – from coaches to front-of-house staff – who would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health within the context of their work.
Date: 20th January 6pm – 9pm
Venue: Southwark Council Offices, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2TZ
Cost: £30 per ticket - please book through Eventbrite
- Do you want to feel more confident in talking about mental health?
- Want to know more about how being active is good for our minds?
- Do you want to better support those of us with a mental health problem to be more active?
The workshop has been developed by Mind with support from Sports Coach UK and Sport England, and will be delivered by trainers from Mind in Croydon. During the workshop you will:
- Explore perceptions and misconceptions about mental health including the positive impact of sport and physical activity on physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Understand the barriers that those of us with mental health problems can experience in sport and physical activity.
- Have developed practical ways that you can create a positive sporting environment which is more inclusive and accessible to those of us with mental health problems.
- Feel more confident when talking about mental health and know where to guide people for help.
No prior knowledge is necessary and this highly interactive workshop will help you develop practical tools to ensure your activities are even more inclusive.
To find out more, please contact Dora Crook at Mind in Croydon on 020 82538208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More news from RunTogether
Running Group Leader recognised for inspirational work
23 August 2012Read more
Run England Surrey holds its first workshop for group lea...
31 March 2012Read more
InStep Devon supporting running group leaders
27 October 2013Read more
Wiltshire running groups project honoured at Awards
20 March 2013Read more