Golf balls, Trigger Balls and a Hot Air Balloon
24 September 2015
Last Saturday afternoon saw 18 qualified Run England Leaders and Coaches take part in the latest free Leader Development Workshop organised by Run Kent.
Run Kent is the part of the National Run England programme which aims to get more people running, and running more often.
The workshop was facilitated by Sarah Russell. Sarah is a qualified Running Coach, Biomechanics Specialist, Freelance Fitness Journalist and Consultant Editor of Running Fitness Magazine. On the day, she covered everything from the latest theories on ‘Running Form and Technique’ to Drills, Conditioning, Preparation and Activation.
Sarah commented, "I really enjoy delivering these workshops for Run Kent. The Leaders are always keen to learn and develop their knowledge and are willing to participate in the sessions. I try and make it as interactive and practical as possible so that they are able to take away something new to try with their runners."
And the Leaders were keen to try anything that Sarah threw at them, including foam rolling (ouch!), golf ball foot massage, trigger ball myofascial release (oh that one really hurt!) and Drills.
The drill session was briefly interrupted by a hot air balloon taking off from the venue but not for long....Sarah soon had the Leaders participating in warm up exercises, filming each other whilst running and cadence drills.
Lucy Tomlinson, Run Kent Activator stated, "It was a really enjoyable afternoon. Sarah’s workshops are always very interesting, friendly, interactive and fun! It’s great to see so many Leaders making the most of these free workshops. They are part of the on-going support we give our Leaders here in Kent. They’re a great opportunity to catch up with Leaders and share ideas. They’re also just one of the ways we say ‘thank you’ to the Leaders for supporting the local Run Kent programme and for helping to get so many people running in Kent."
But you don’t need to take Lucy’s word for it. Here’s what some of the Run Leaders and Coaches had to say about the afternoon’s workshop:
- Thank you Lucy and Sarah for another great workshop (Kenza , The Blister Sisters).
- Very well presented workshop. Lots of information to take away (Richard, So Let’s Go Running)
- Excellent Workshop! Everybody was so friendly (Richard, Paddock Wood AC)
- Loved it. Sarah's practical explanations were brilliant. Thanks Lucy for letting me attend the Kent workshop (Ben, Horley Harriers, Surrey)
- Very good, friendly and inclusive workshop. Thank you (Suzanne, Maidstone Harriers).
- Superb workshop. I always take away so much information to deliver better sessions to my runners (Emma, Striders Beginners)
- Lots to take away and lots of information to bring to life in my next running sessions (Vicky, JL Runners).
- A really good follow up to the LiRF course. Thank You (Jenny, Joggy Doggy)
- I always find these workshops really interactive and helpful. With so much contradictory information available it is good to put theory into practice from a trusted source (Jo, Mojo Running and Fitness)
If you’re a Run Leader in Kent who’d like to be part of this hugely successful Run Kent programme and receive an invite to the next free Leader Development workshop, just get in touch with Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you're in another part of the country, why not try something similar?
More news from RunTogether
Scott Mills scores 27.3 at Eden Project Half Marathon
11 October 2011Read more
New Year starts here with Walk 2 Jog in York!
11 February 2016Read more
Leaders celebrate first year of School Gates Groups
22 June 2016Read more
Gareth Bale: from 4:59 for 1500m to world record football...
03 September 2013Read more