Get close to the action for free at the national 10,000m championships
11 May 2015
The England Athletics and British Athletics 10,000m championships take place this weekend at the Highgate Harriers Night of 10,000m PBs. It's free to spectators, so why not come along, support and enjoy the atmosphere?
The 2015 edition of Night of the 10,000m PBs will also be the British trials for three major championships, and the event has a range of entertainment laid on.
Race organiser Ben Pochee said: “Our volunteer event aims to provide a fresh platform for 10,000m talent via a uniquely supportive atmosphere of hundreds of knowledgeable spectators cheering from lane 3. Running performance is derived from a primal fight or flight adrenalin response and I wholeheartedly believe our athletics community will once more prove the catalyst for raising both adrenalin and performance levels.”
Running fans can enjoy the rare sight of international elite athletes pushing themselves to the very limit in search of faster personal best (PB) times.
In terms of a ‘fresh’ platform, the 2015 Night of the 10,000m PBs covers many bases:
- For running fans there will be international elite athletes, with men hunting times of around 28:30 and women 32:00
- For adrenaline junkies you can stand in lane 3 - closer than at any other event and almost feel the athletes sweat!
- For trend setters there will be a hipster DJ spinning the vinyl
- For those who like a tipple, there's a pub on the back-straight of the track
- For live music lovers an 8 piece Samba Drumming band will play music
- For readers of Hello! magazine, there will be VIP celebs including Ronnie O’Sullivan and David Bedford in attendance
- For coffee lovers there will be two coffee carts and four baristas making freshly ground coffee
- For foodies there will be high quality food catering
- For fun lovers, don't miss the event's very own Knight of the 10,000m PBs mascot
- For narcissists there will be a jumbo screen again with plenty of opportunities to ‘get on TV’
- For your spendthrift friends remind them it is 100% FREE!
For more information on the England Athletics championships go to www.englandathletics.org/10k-champs.
More news from RunTogether
Want to get fit in 2014? You can in the right crowd!
28 December 2013Read more
New 3-2-1 routes making the most of country parks in Kent
03 July 2013Read more
Kimberley Angell – My Running Story - #Runandtalk
12 October 2016Read more
New 3-2-1 running routes set up in Northamptonshire
25 June 2013Read more