2014 an incredible year for Run Kent
23 January 2015
2014 has been an incredible year for running in Kent. With over 100 qualified leaders now involved in the Run Kent project and 90 groups registered on Run England, numbers just keep on growing; 18 new groups started up in the County and over 1400 people have joined a local group & taken up running in Kent in 2014.
England Athletics CEO Chris Jones commented, "It's an excellent example of coordinated local activation with strong reference and involvement of a number of public, charitable and commercial running organisations working alongside Run England and the CSP."
- Sam Palmer & Sevenoaks Ladies Joggers for won the 2014 England Athletics National Run England ‘Group of the Year’ Award.
- Run Kent has been working with a wide range of partners to install 25 safe, marked running routes in Kent.
- The Run Kent Project hosted 2 free Development workshops of practical and classroom style sessions for 90 qualified Leaders & Coaches in Kent. They are a great opportunity for Leaders to network and share ideas & experiences with others.
- Trinity Striders at Kent Community Health NHS Trust in Ashford is just one example of how easy it is to organise a workplace running group. 2015 hopes to encourage more local businesses to set up workplace running groups for staff or to link up with existing groups..
- In addition to 2 LiRF courses, the Run Kent project organised a ‘closed’ LiRF course in November for students & staff at the University of Kent, Canterbury Christ Church University, East Kent College & Canterbury College, and will support the newly qualified Leaders to get more students and staff running.
Run Kent's newsletter highlights the great projects that have taken place in the past year. Click here to download the newsletter and read more. You can also see what's been going on in the short film below.
More news from RunTogether
Time running out for groups to sign up for Try Athletics ...
20 March 2012Read more
Don't let injuries have the last laugh!
04 February 2014Read more
Runner's World becomes official magazine of run2work
03 February 2015Read more
Norwich Mind lead a local workplace beginner running course
14 January 2016Read more