Make your nominations for the England Athletics 2014 Community Volunteer Awards!
15 May 2014
Running in England is built on the work done by people in communities across the country. The England Athletics Awards programme invites Run England members to nominate those people and groups who should be honoured.
Who is it who has helped you in your running? The volunteers who run our sport are very often the unsung heroes of the sport - who have given their time and effort to help the serious athlete, recreational runner or complete beginner on their way.
The annual awards see winners chosen in six categories, at regional level, across all England Athletics disciplines. At National level a Services to Athletics Award will also be made based on consideration of all nominations received. These awards cover clubs, groups, volunteers, officials, coaches, disability athletics, partnership and Athletics Networks.
England Athletics Chief Executive Chris Jones said: "Those people honoured in our regional awards each year have given great service to our sport. It is also right and fitting that the national winners are honoured on our Awards Night in the same event as sees the annual inductions into the England Athletics Hall of Fame. In athletics the clubs and volunteers have provided the basis for the success of each and every elite athlete that our country has ever had."
The awards, which are supported by Sweatshop, Athletics Weekly, Track & Field Tours and the AAAs, give us as a sport the opportunity to reward the contributions and commitment to our sport these people have shown.
You can make your nomination at www.englandathletics.org/awards-2014. The schedule from now is as follows:
- Wednesday 20 August - Closing Date for Awards nominations
- Early September - Regional Awards Panels meet to decide regional winners
- September-October - Regional Award presentations - details to be announced via www.englandathletics.org
- Late September - Nominations for National Awards gathered, shortlisted and candidates notified
- Saturday 18 October - England Athletics National Awards & Hall of Fame Ceremony and dinner at Hilton Metropole, NEC. Ticket details will be confirmed in the near future
Award Categories and Criteria 2014:
- Club Partnership of the Year
- Participation Project of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Run England Group / Leader of the year
- Services To Athletics*
*Regions will all have the option to award a Services to Athletics Award within their region in the event of an outstanding nominee being identified from the nominations received in any of the other categories. A Services To Athletics award will be made at the National Awards with the winner chosen from regional award winners across all other categories.
Submitting a nomination