Almost 50K signed up to runbritain Handicap Scoring System
21 November 2014
runbritain now has well over 49,000 runners enjoying the benefits and motivation offered by the runbritain handicap scoring system and is looking forward to hitting the 50,000 mark very soon.
runbritain provides support for race organisers as well as intermediate to serious runners wanting to take their racing to the next level by entering the runbritain Grand Prix Series of road races.
Runners of all standards having been claiming their free runbritain handicap scores and runner biog pages at the rate of 1,000 per calendar month, since the scheme was first launched in autumn 2010. It has now passed 49,000 claimants and is eagerly awaiting hitting the 50,000 mark.
Some of the benefits of the runbritain handicap scoring system:
- It’s a unique handicap system for running. Just like golf you get a handicap from 0.0 – 36.0 giving runners of all abilities the chance to benchmark their progress and compare their results across a range of terrains and distances. The score automatically updates each time you race (once you have claimed) and rewards regular racing as well as automatically factoring in a degree of difficulty on races that are multi-terrain, hilly or windy.
- You can be a part of the Reward Running competition. This competition, sponsored by Polar, rewards runners who have reduced their handicap score by the biggest margin. November is the last month of the year for this competition. If you sign up before the end of November you will be in with a chance of winning a Polar V800 with integrated GPS.
- You can be part of the National Running Ladder and check out where your handicap puts you compared to every other runner in the UK, e.g. does your 5k time put you higher than your friend’s half marathon and marathon times?
- You can find out where your times put you in the official UK road rankings as well as in your age group and postcode.
- You can log your training mileage, watch your progress graph rise and check out head-to-heads with your training partners!
All the information you need is on the runbritain rankings site. Sign up today and see if you can be our 50,000th claimant!
More news from RunTogether
Running group leader loves every minute!
02 November 2011Read more
See you in New York! Update on pair's run across America
06 October 2011Read more
Coe returns to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to launch nat...
21 May 2014Read more
London running group leaders - make a resolution to set u...
13 January 2012Read more