Make the most out of summer!
23 June 2013
With the sun finally peaking out of the clouds, lighter evenings, and relative warmth, make sure you get the most out of your running this summer.
We've put together five tips to help you this summer! But first, if you want to be inspired why not enter our competition to win a pair of tickets to the Olympic Stadium on 27 July to see the Sainsbury's Anniversary Games.
All you have to do to be entered into the prize draw is be a Run England member, over the age of 16, and fill in our short questionnaire.
- Find someone to run with. If you haven't already, joining your local running group can give you the motivation and support you need to run more regularly. You can find your nearest running group at runengland.org/groups.
- Sample the great English countryside. There are marked out 3-2-1 routes popping up all over the country so you can enjoy some lovely areas such as beautiful parkland and National Trust sites and you won't need to worry about getting lost or not knowing how far you've run! Find your local 3-2-1 route at runengland.org/routes.
- Invest in some new kit. Look sharp in the sun and stay injury free by treating yourself to some new gear. Head to Sweatshop whose expert staff will help you find the right shoes for you, and download the £15 voucher from the latest eRunner. If you don't receive our newsletter, you can sign up at runengland.org/signup or if you're already signed up, edit your preference at runengland.org/login.
- Plan ahead. Whether it's entering the Bupa Great North 5km (which is offering free places for new runners) in September or setting up a your own running group ready for winter, you'll thank yourself later for starting a training programme or book yourself onto a Leadership in Running Fitness course now. England international distance runner and Run England group leader Adam Hickey's latest blog is all about planning and goals and is full of some great advice. Check it out here.
- You are what you eat. The fact that you run means you're making an effort to be healthy, but eating well can help too. Group leader and nutritionist Louise Shannon's 'food, fuel and running blogs' are the perfect place to start for the truth about food! Just put 'Run England Food, Fuel & Running Blog' into Google.
More news from RunTogether
Win Sunwise sunglasses - deadline closes soon!
15 September 2011Read more
Runner's fuel, Leader's empathy and a taste of PiYo at la...
19 May 2016Read more
Ikano Robin Hood Mini Marathon and Schools Challenge
19 July 2012Read more
Food, Fuel & Running Blog: Water water everywhere!
29 July 2013Read more