New beginner running groups set up in Newark
12 June 2012
Nottinghamshire based group leader Jayne Lloyd is taking her passion for running to the masses by introducing running groups for beginners' across several locations in Newark.
Called 'Absolute Beginners', the groups aim to cater for people of all ages, shapes and sizes who have never ran before and would like to get fit and learn to run in a supportive and inclusive environment.
Jayne said: "I want to dispel the myth that some people can't run; I believe with the right support and encouragement anyone can learn to run even if they have never done it before. Running is a cheap and accessible way of getting fit, improving your health and controlling weight as well as meeting new people in a non-competitive environment."
Thirty-six year old mum of two Jayne has been involved in sport for many years and completed the Leadership in Running Fitness qualification two years ago. Jayne also helps run Absolute Triathlon Club in Nottingham.
Jayne said: "I am really excited about launching these running groups and passing my knowledge on to new runners. Running can be very empowering and can improve confidence plus a sense of achievement."
The running groups all started this week and will take place in the following locations:
- Mondays at 9am - Barnby Road Academy, Newark John Gold Avenue, NG24 1RU
- Mondays at 2pm - The Friendship Tree at the start of Linear Park Path
- Tuesdays at 10am - Deincounrt Hotel, London Road, Newark, NG24 1TF
- Wednesdays at 9am - The Palace Theatre, Appleton Gate, Newark, NG24 1JY
- Wednesdays at 4pm - Under 20’s girls only, Tom Browns, Trentside, Gunthorpe, NG14 7FB
- Wednesdays at 6pm - Sconce Hill Park
- Thursdays at 9am - Barnby Road Academy, Newark John Gold Avenue, NG24 1RU
- Saturdays at 10am - Sconce Hill Park
The cost is £3 per session and participants will need to wear trainers and clothes suitable for running in (join Run England to benefit from special offers on running shoes and kit). For further information and to pre-register please visit www.absoluterun.com or contact Jayne Lloyd on 07795 342639.
More news from RunTogether
East Midlands Run England Volunteers Awarded
08 October 2012Read more
Giving running a healthy boost - Sally Gunnell blog
03 October 2012Read more
I missed the London Marathon ballot - what are my options?
22 April 2014Read more
20 runners train up to help visually impaired people to run
21 March 2016Read more