Calling all women: become a qualified Leader in running for FREE
17 August 2011
A charitable organsiation is offering women the chance to become a qualified Leader in running with free places on a LiRF (Leadership in Running Fitness) course in Sandwell in September.
The Women’s Coaching Community Programme is a free scheme aimed at providing local women with the opportunity to develop a career in sport coaching and volunteering.
Those eligible will have access to:
- Training through accredited workshops
- Voluntary placements at a club or organisation of your choice
- Opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Support and guidance by experienced and knowledgeable staff
- Be able to provide coaching for their community
- The opportunity to become coaches and increase the percentage of women coaches
If you are female, between 18 and 25 years old and live in inner city Birmingham, Sandwell, Walsall, Dudley or Wolverhampton Central, contact Alaina Allen 07917388173 for further information and to find out if you are eligible.
More news from RunTogether
Hampshire groups captured on film to promote Run England
12 August 2015Read more
Make a #runningresolution to inspire others in 2014!
30 December 2013Read more
Time running out for groups to sign up for Try Athletics ...
20 March 2012Read more
Athletics receives £22m million boost
18 December 2012Read more